The advantages of the HiFIT post-weld treatment are impressive, and lead to an enormous increase in the cost-effectiveness of your welded constructions:
An 80% to 100% increase in the weld fatigue strength
- Due to local reshaping the weld toe is plastically deformed and reinforced.
- Internal compressive stresses prevent the formation of cracks as well as the progression of cracks on the surface.
5-fold up to 15-fold increase in the service life of the weld
- More than 1000 tests have proven that the service life is increased.
Equally effective for existing constructions
- In case of timely restoration of existing constructions there is almost no distinction from new treated welds. Hence the service life of existing construction is considerably increased.
- HiFIT is an ideal restoration tool as far as no macroscopically discernable cracks are evident.
Use of high-quality steels becomes economically relevant
- Comprehensive experimental analysis on Notch Details and FEM-supported dimensioning processes show that the treatment is increasingly efficient with increasing tensile strength of fine-grained steels like S460N, S690QL, and of steels with even higher tensile strengths.
- For a same service life the weld is able to bear approx. 1.6-fold higher loads. Consequently the use of steels with higher strength becomes interesting for lighter construction types.
Simple handling thanks to low weight and easy guidance
- Mobile compressors can also be used outside manufacturing plants.
- The compact construction and the low weight permits access to hard-to-reach spaces. The space required is only slightly larger than the space required by a welding torch.
- Robust LED lights on the head of the device provide for optimal light conditions also under difficult circumstances.
- The treated zone can be visually inspected. The treatment line can be measured with a special calliper.
- The working pressure can be monitored with a digital display on the handle.